Plant City Modification Attorney

Call Us Now (813) 759-1224

Change in Circumstances

After a final judgment of paternity or divorce is entered such an order can be modified if there has been a material change in the circumstances of the parties or their children. Typically, if either parent suffers a job loss or decrease in compensation, there may be a basis for requesting a child support adjustment. If the situation changes regarding time sharing, the Court can entertain a supplemental petition to change custody or time sharing arrangements within the parenting plan.

Plant City Supplemental Petition for Modification

If you cannot reach an agreement with your former spouse or the parent of your children about a necessary change, then you should contact Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill at the first sign that you need legal advice about how to legally change your court order. Give us a call at (813) 59-1224 for a case evaluation.

Plant City Modification Lawyer

If you have been served with modification papers, it is vital that you immediately consult an experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive Plant City family lawyer to protect your rights and help lead you through the divorce process. Just like any lawsuit, you have only 20 days to answer a petition for modification that has been served on you. Many spouses delay in contacting a divorce lawyer because they do not realize the severity of not having legal representation or don't appreciate that they must answer the petition or be in default. It has been said that ‘those who hesitate are lost’ and this is true in a contested supplemental modification proceeding. Call Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill now at (813) 759-1224.

Free Parking
Conveniently located just two blocks from the Plant City Courthouse
206 North Collins Street
Plant City, Florida 33563
Telephone (813) 759-1224
Fax (813) 759-1101


Download Forms Now

If you are planning to come in for a consultation about filing for divorce, please take a look at the forms on this website, specifically the client intake sheet. The information necessary to start the process will be captured if you download and fill out the intake sheet. Also, the financial affidavit is required to be completed. Depending on whether you earn more or less than $50,000 per year, you should download and complete a draft of your financial affidavit. Also, review the other documents, such as the sample marital settlement agreement, so that you can get an idea of the type of decisions that go into a dissolution of marriage proceeding. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. Click HERE to download forms.